Monday, May 7, 2007

Flowing Thoughts

Three Word Traffic

Emotions are often left unanswered, unexplained
If unexplorable was a word, I would use it to attain
I sit here for so long racking my brain
To draw blanks
I can’t express this remorseful contentment
Contrite achievement
Listening to my heart only gets me half way
I put up road signs with cautions and red lights
My mouth detours around what my heart is trying to say
The words stop right before I can spit them out
I have it all reversed
My inner talks and my mouth thinks
My inner says three words
And my mouth is afraid of the thought
When the words come out and enclose this unscathed air
Fear contours the cadence of my beating heart
Emotions surpass time
Thoughts are changed by each moment
You whisper three words back
Assuring green lights

No comments: