Monday, July 23, 2007

Blog On A Blog


Soundtrack: Saves The Day- See You


This blog is the result of two deleted blogs. I started the first one with the blog title "This Modern Love" which was basically going to explain the dilemmas of being in love. While writing that I found myself getting very mad about how much information I had to sensor. The second blog I wrote was a bitter, emotionally charged blog about how I was over sharing my personal life over a public space. Both were okay but not really something I felt comfortable with sharing.

So here I am now, trying to think of a way to express myself. Writing a blog is much harder than I thought. Its not just about writing down whatever is on your mind. There are many thoughts that go beyond just posting. You have to take in consideration your audience. This is why I think I tend not to write that often. The process is so grueling that I get weirded out before I even think about sitting down and creating a post.

I would like to blog more often but I find myself in this circle of not knowing what to actually post about. I will have one blog and then say Im going to blog next week. Next week turns into 3 weeks, and then into a month. After a month of not posting I feel like I should return with this amazing well thought out post that blows every ones minds away (which is weird because none of my posts in my opinion ever achieves that goal anyway). So when I feel like I dont have anything worth while to say I just dont blog at all. Then it becomes this thing where blogging is no longer fun to do but more of something I have to do.

I think Im going to start an equal blend of blogging about my life and about the world around me. That way I dont feel any pressure to share my life stories and I can enlighten myself with world news and give insight on how I feel about a certain topic.

I go through 5 NY newspapers a day so it should be too hard to at least post at least twice a month. Lets just cross my fingers that this happens.

Maybe I will complete the blog titled "This Modern Love" when I have some more thoughts about the issue. Who knows maybe I will never come to a complete thought that I feel worthy enough of sharing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss reading your writing. when do i get to hear your take on "this modern love?" this weekend, maybe??